Monday, October 8, 2012

cyclocross: inspiration or fear?

I have been on the peripheral of cyclocross racing for many years. I go and watch, take lots of photos, yell for my friends, ring cow bells galore, and always feel inspired to race myself.
I don't know if it is the mere energy of the community supporting everyone on as they race, the look of fear and ecstasy in people's brows, or the feeling of adrenaline for a whopping 45-minutes that impresses me so. In any case, my newest goal is to race next fall. That gives me plenty of time to get in to shape and practice sweet cyclocross moves.


Here's to next fall and finally moving from the peripheral to..., well we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the contagious energy- you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh most definitely. I need someone to root on and my wife would be the sweetest person to do so for!

    ReplyDelete